Parking is Prohibited on City streets from 8:00 pm to 8:00 am, except in designated areas where signs are posted for Winter Alternate Side of the Street Parking. If signs are posted, follow the instructions that are listed on the sign. Vehicles in violation of this Ordinance may be issued a Parking Ticket with fines starting at $50.00. Fines will increase to $150.00 if a State of Emergency is declared. Vehicles may also be towed at the owner’s expense anytime a vehicle interferes with snow plowing and snow removal, etc. operations. (pD·162a Rev. 11114)
WINTER PARKING REGULATIONS
The City of Peekskill has a Winter Parking Ordinance in effect from December 1st through April 15th
• As a vehicle owner/operator. it is important that you know the rules to avoid hindering snow removal operations, being issued a parking summons. and/or avoid having your vehicle towed.
A brief overview of the ordinance follows:
1. From December 1st until April 15th
• alternate street parking for street sweeping is suspended.
2. From December 1st through April 15th parking is prohibited on city streets from 8:00 pm to 8:00 am, except in designated areas where signs are posted for winter alternate side of the street parking.
3. Signs are posted on the streets where winter alternate side parking is allowed. If you park on one of these streets. be certain you are parked on the correct side as indicated on the signs.
4. Vehicles in violation of this ordinance may be issued a parking ticket with fines starting at $50.00. Fines increase to $150.00 if a State of Emergency is declared. Vehicles may also be towed at the owner’s expense anytime a vehicle interferes with snow plowing and snow removal, etc., operations.
5. If a major winter storm impacts the City, a STATE OF EMERGENCY will be declared and no street parking will be permitted, including on streets having alternate side parking. Although this is not a frequent occurrence. you should be prepared to remove your vehicle from any City street during the STATE OF EMERGENCY. Parking fines Increase to $150.00 when a STATE OF EMERGENCY is declared and your vehicle may be towed at your own expense.
6. Free overnight parking at the James Street and Nelson Avenue parking garages will be permitted, metered spaces only. during a “STATE OF EMERGENCY” .
7. These rules are in effect as a means of providing our Department of Public Works personnel the ability to plow all City streets to ensure the free flow of traffic and provide access to vital public safety vehicles in the event of an
emergency. Your City employees are working hard to protect you and your family. Please do your part to follow these parking regulations.
IF YOU FAIL TO FOLLOW THESE RULES AND PARK INCORRECTLY, YOUR VEHICLE MAY BE TOWED AND YOU COULD BE ISSUED A PARKING SUMMONS.